Inspire Generations to come!
Ensuring a legacy is a personal pledge of belief – a commitment to instill an appreciation for the arts for generations to come. While outright gifts of cash and stock are vital to our success, donors can also support MRAC by making a planned gift and leaving a legacy. Please advise us if you have included Mimbres Region Arts Council in your will so we may acknowledge you properly and assure your charitable goals will be met.
The Legacy Circle
The Legacy Circle was established to honor those individuals who have remembered the MRAC in their wills and financial plans. The Legacy Circle has received generous support from dedicated friends who have recognized the need to ensure access to the arts for future generations by including MRAC in their estate, creating a life income plan, or making one of a variety of other planned gifts.
Through their foresight and generosity, Legacy Circle members make a crucial difference in upholding a sound foundation for the future growth and vitality of the Mimbres Region Arts Council.
Joining the Legacy Circle
You don’t need to be wealthy to leave a legacy, and there are many options for planned giving to MRAC. The following are examples of ways you may make a charitable donation through planned giving and become a member of the Legacy Circle:
- Include a gift to MRAC in your will or revocable trust. You may wish to leave MRAC a bequest for a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. Your gift could include cash, stock, bonds, or personal property. The Mimbres Region Arts Council could also be named to receive the remainder of your estate or as a contingent beneficiary, if other beneficiaries do not survive you. Your estate receives a charitable deduction for your bequest to MRAC.
- Designate Mimbres Region Arts Council as a beneficiary in your retirement plan. Retirement plan assets may be subject to very high taxation rates at your death. Designating the MRAC to receive retirement plan assets can provide an important gift at considerable tax savings.
- Name Mimbres Region Arts Council as a beneficiary or owner of an existing life insurance policy or purchase a new policy to benefit MRAC.
- Establish a life income trust that enables you to receive income for life while making a gift to MRAC. This type of planned gift allows you to obtain an income tax deduction, reduce your estate taxes, and protect your financial security during your lifetime.
- Assign tax-advantaged gifts of securities, property, or art to be made over time, during your lifetime.
- Designate a gift of art that MRAC has agreed to accept.
We encourage you to join the Legacy Circle and help sustain the financial foundation of the Mimbres Region Arts Council for generations to come.
Before making a gift to MRAC, you should consult with your financial, tax, and legal advisors for a thorough analysis of your individual situation and the tax consequences and to decide which of these ways of giving might work best for you.
If you have questions regarding MRAC or would like to investigate planned giving options, please contact, Executive Director, Kevin Lenkner at 575.538.2505.